There is a ping pong table, full gym in the garage, pool table, air hockey table, foosball table, an entire wall of Nerf dart guns, a dart board, standup shooter arcade game, large swimming pool and jacuzzi, 70 inch LED high definition television, and a separate 55 inch gaming television with multiple gaming platforms all to provide fun activities for the residents, boredom is not an issue.
We have regular outings all of which are included at no cost to the resident. Outings including shooting sporting clays, trap, and skeet, bowling, batting cages, Dave & Buster’s arcade, University of Texas football, basketball, and baseball games, Top Golf, mini golf, K1 go-kart racing, an annual ski trip to Taos, New Mexico, softball, flag football, paintball, and many many concerts. (Austin IS the live music capital of the world and we take FULL advantage)
PLEASE SEE FOR YOURSELF. CLICK ON THESE LINKS TO GET A PEEK INTO WHAT MAKES US THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER SOBER LIVING HOME:
Hensley House feels like a home, not a sterile waiting room.
- NO bunk beds. All residents have plenty of space.
- All residents are drug tested regularly and randomly including breathalyzer tests.
- All residents must get a job within the first two weeks.
- All residents must get a sponsor within the first two weeks.
- All residents must be actively working a 12 step program
- All residents must go to a certain number of meetings
- Lying in bed or playing video games all day is NOT allowed.
- Assigned chores are to be done daily.
- Rooms are to be kept tidy.
- Residents are to clean up after themselves, there are no maids here.
- If any of these regulations aren’t met, the resident is given a behavioral contract.
- If the behavioral contract is broken, the resident packs his bags and leaves, very simple.